Tuesday, June 10, 2008

AZ Rant

Lest anyone believe I'm getting adjusted to summer in Arizona, let me enlighten you with some information about my life:
- This morning I watched my children attend swimming lessons while sitting in 102 degree heat.
- It's suppose to hit 110 degrees in the next couple of days.
- Everywhere I go there are disgusting bugs: flys, crickets, etc. I saw a dead scorpion in a model home we were looking at last week. In case you are wondering, we will not be buying in THAT neighborhood.
- The rocks on our nearby highway were-are you ready?- spray painted green this week.... in an effort to make it look like grass?!?! I don't get this at all.
We are out of here. We're packing up next week and heading to greener pastures ie: Park City. We'll stay away until we are forced to return for school the first week of August. Call us if you will be in Utah over the next six weeks!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll be in Utah for 6 weeks! Love it. We will be there the end of July. Maybe we can meet up.

Allison Claire said...

I feel the same way. :)

Mindy Varkevisser said...

Let's get together!! I would love to see you guys! Let me know you're plans once you're settled.

Mike'n'Amy said...

Wanna come back to live in TX??

Youngquist Family said...

We'd love to have you over while your in town. Or we could meet somewhere. Call me 801-797-9191; We're going on a trip until June 25th, but will be around after that. Jennie

The Snow Family said...

I seriously don't know HOW you do it! 110 degrees??? And that is just at the beginning of summer? It hit 99 this week and I couldn't even function. Glad you have a great 'getaway' like Park City to go to! Ride the alpine slide and eat some Cafe Rio for us!

Erin said...

Are you serious? You're making me feel guilty: I'm leaving my kids w/ the inlaws for a week at the end of June/beginning of July. Apart from being sad that we won't see you on this trip, I'm also feeling like my poor kids are gonna ROAST while I'm off having a grand time. Kids don't mind as much...right?

Jen said...

I don't know what to say...I'm laughing too much.

Juli Chan said...

wow, well, don't know what to say! Park City sounds great though:)

Emily Busath Murdock said...

Hey--we'd love to see you guys in July/August...we'll be in town from July 23-Aug 6. Let's get together! We always hit the outlet malls in Park City...so maybe we can see you when we come up for that!
Can you email me your cell #?
themurds@gmail.com
Have a great summer!!!

The Great White Don said...

Hey Christie, you and Allen look great and your boys are beautiful. I saw you in one of the celeb mags at Katie's wedding. Bridesmaids are not supposed to be prettier than the bride. You looked amazing. Good to hear you are adjusting to AZ. I love it there. Of course now I am probably too sensitive for the heat. I sruggle in 80 without a cool ocean breeze. 7 years in West L.A. spoiled me. Anyways, certain homes are more susceptible to scorpions in AZ. A contractor explained to me which type but I cannot remember if it was wood or stucco. I think brick was always good. Brooke

Troy and Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Troy and Amber said...

Troy has been telling me to read your blog for days because he can't stop laughing about your rant. Thanks for blogging - it makes everyone happy!

cathy said...

Okay Christie, I just got so excited reading that you're going to be in Utah. I am going out for a month last part of July - Aug. Can we hook up??