Sunday, October 26, 2008

Life is busy, life is good.

We are resurfacing after surgery. Things have been beyond busy... I used to feel like I could get a handle on things, lately, not so much. Thank you to all of you who have kept us, and most especially Alex, in your prayers. We have felt so loved, supported and buoyed up by those near and far. Our mantra is we are "cautiously optimistic" about the results of the surgery. Only time will tell how successful it actually was. You wouldn't believe how brave our boy was...he shed no tears and had much less anxiety than I. He and I shared some great moments during his recovery. I loved having him all to myself and we made it through the whole ordeal together.
And now life is back to business as usual...except we have so much going on that I can't wrap my head around it all. Halloween is upon us and I can't tell you how many times Will has asked, "Is TODAY Halloween yet?" Something to add to the To Do List: make a countdown chart to the big day. There is nothing I would rather do than be the mom of these two boys. Life is good.

6 comments:

Mark and Maria said...

Thanks for the update, I've been wondering how everything went. Glad to hear that it's looking good! What cute boys!

Sommer said...

Kate asked, "is that Will and Will's brudder?", Then said, "they have jammies on!" We love the jammies & those two boys wearing them.
We have count down charts galore... birthdays, Halloween, nursery!
p.s. we are working on saying Alex, hopefully by Christmas, no more Will's brudder(brother).

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back. So good to catch up the other night. Love ya!

Josh said...

Oh my, those boys are so adorable!! I need to see them! When Alex is feeling up to it, it's time to visit Auntie Lisa!!

Shontz Family said...

we will def. keep alex in our prayers for a successful recovery. so glad surgery went smoothly. your boys are so so cute. andrew is in the middle of "guy-shooter-man"-ness and i love thinking of andrew and matthew growing up close like your alex and will.

Troy and Amber said...

So good to hear that things are getting back to normal. We will keep Alex in our prayers.