Sunday, November 23, 2008

Soundbites

Recorded for our posterity......
*At dinner a few weeks ago...Will's prayer: "Heavenly Father, thankful for the food, thankful for Halloween, bless me I can sleep with mommy tonight, name of Jesus Christ amen."
*On the way home from preschool today..."Mom, I got a butt rot. We gotta put on some butt cream to make it better."
*One night a couple of weeks ago I was making our annual Dinner in a Pumpkin. My kiddos love this tradition and were anxiously anticipating it all week. After I put it together and stuck the pumpkin in the oven, I sat down on the couch and closed my eyes. After just a minute Alex came running over to me and put his hands gently on my face, "Mommy, what are you suppose to be focusing on right now? I think you are suppose to be focusing on making us our dinner in a pumpkin. Please FOCUS mom." I guess the bossiness is contagious.
*Will has the goofiest little habit lately...everything he says is upside down or turned around. Here's a guide to Will-speak:
HE SAYS: HE MEANS:
Unbuckle me!=Buckle me!
I rolled up the window=I rolled down the window
Mom you are the boss of me!=Mom you are not the boss of me!
*After picking Alex up at the bus stop, I was chatting with a friend of mine about some pressing issue. I guess it was taking a while because Alex gets out of the car and yells. "Mom, stop all of this nonsense and get in the car! We are ready to go home!" Very rude but also very funny.

1 comments:

jeannie said...

you should blog about your dinner in a pumpkin, that sounds fun, and good!