Thursday, December 04, 2008

Email from Ms. Warren (aka The Teacher)

Hi Mrs. Curtis,
I truly enjoy having Alex in our class! He is a great kid. Just a little glimpse of our reading lesson today....after I read a story to the class, I asked "What do you think the author wanted us to learn from this story?" I called on Alex, who was eagerly raising his hand! He said, (and, let me tell you, I didn't think that any one of the kids would get the author's intent...) "I think that the author wanted us to know that even if you are small, you can still do great things!" He was exactly right! Alex has such great insight. I was so impressed! I really don't think that any other student could have figured that out! His face was beaming! Anyway, just thought I'd share that with you...and, of course, those moments are the reasons that I love teaching!
Ms. Warren

Oh how I love my boy.

3 comments:

Brooke Hendry said...

It is these moments that make you feel great to be a mother.

Is Alan going to the ortho perio conference in Orlando in Feb. We are trying to get a few families from UCLA to go so we can all see each other. We are planning on renting a big house and having lots of fun. (Only 5 min from disney world.) Please join us, we have misssed you guys. Plus we have to reintroduce the betrothed little ones. Brooke and Ty

Jen said...

Good work, Alex! You are such a smart kid...if only we could figure out a way to spend more time with you :)

Juli Chan said...

I live for moments like those! Good job Alex!