Tuesday, August 11, 2009

First Day of School 2009

How fast it goes by. Can't believe my little boy is in 1st grade! He was thrilled to go. Can you see the excitement? He loves school but comes home exhausted. Yes, I cried when I dropped him off and yes, I missed his little face all day long.As a side note, please notice the extremely large child standing in front of my little boy. Yep, he's in Alex's FIRST GRADE class. That child is far too old for first grade. Look at the size of his arm!!! Guaranteed his parents held him back so that he would be the biggest kid and be able to play sports (they do that all the time in AZ.) I do not believe in doing that- in fact, I think it is MESSED UP. It bugs me, can you tell?

The Reunion at the end of day one!

On to boy #2. I left him hysterical in the arms of his preschool teacher today. He was screaming, "Mama, mama, mama...!". His voice is ringing in my ears. What am I going to do with my baby? I absolutely adore him. At least he let me take his photo before he lost it.

6 comments:

Juli Chan said...

Wow, school starts early there. We don't start till September 1st. I love the "reunion" picture, how adorable!

debbie rowley said...

Alex looks so handsome. I love his hair! I can't believe he is in FIRST grade! wow. I love the picture of him running of the bus. Looks like he had a great day. Poor Will guy. Hope his first day at preschool was better than he had anticipated!

Kathy said...

Oh my goodness. That reunion picture is priceless. Love it!

Emily Busath Murdock said...

So great! We go back in a week. Doesn't 1st grade just feel so old? I mean, kindergarten is one thing, because they're still kinda the babies of the school, but seriously, first grade is throwing me for a loop. I'm not ready for Nate to grow up yet!! :)
On a totally random note, will you please tell me where you got Will's shirt?? It is adorable! I've been looking for something similar for our family pics but can't find anything like that!! :)

Julia Harps said...

the last shot of will is so dang cute!
I am looking forward to school starting even though I am absolutely enjoying the summer stuff. Summer has gone by too fast.

Stacey said...

Oh, they are so cute! Love all the pics, especially 'the reunion' photo!