Monday, January 31, 2011

Jacob Alan Curtis 1.3.2011




He's here and we are in LOVE. I can't believe I ever thought I was done having kids....this little man is such a part of the family already and we all just adore him. My good friend Cherie Mask came over when he was just 11 days old and snapped these pictures of him. He is such a dreamy baby! I was scared to death to have a c-section again and to have to go through the recovery all while trying to figure out baby care etc. It's been SO long since we've had a baby in this house! But Jake has been a dream right from the start. We were in the hospital for 3 days and he did great- taking long naps, eating like a champ, and being adored by his brothers and grandparents every chance they had to come visit! Grandma Clarke was on boy duty at home and kept things going for Alex and Will. She stayed for a week after we came home from the hospital and made us great food, took care of the house, and helped us to get settled. We were so grateful to her for helping us transition to a family of 5! Jake has had so many visitors, family and friends who have helped us non-stop: meals, rides for the boys, visits, phone calls and gifts-- we have felt so loved by all around us. And we have just been soaking up this newborn and adoring him! We're SO glad he's here!

7 comments:

Cardalls said...

He is so handsome! You look beautiful, too (how do you not have a belly? I'm so jealous). It makes me excited to have a newborn again. It's been so long!

Sommer said...

LOVED meeting baby Jake and seeing all of you! What a handsome little man. (the second one is my favorite, can you say Alex Jr.)

Jen said...

SO GLAD YOU BLOGGED!!!
Love these pictures & love that you're in love again!

Julia Harps said...

congrats! what a cutie.

Juli Chan said...

I was missing newborns so I decided to check out your blog again! He is so cute, and is it just me or does he look just like Alex?

Youngquist Family said...

I'm slow in checking blogs, but wanted to say congratulations! More boys the better. I think of three of them is just great!

Christie said...

test