Tuesday, July 18, 2006

We're Back!

So after our month long vacation, the boys and I got back last Friday and things are just now starting to settle down! We had a great time visiting Park City, and then spending 3 weeks all over southern California in Oceanside, Newport and LA. It was great to reconnect with both of our extended families and so many of our amazing friends from growing up and our time at UCLA.
Now it's back to real life in Dallas. Alan has been working like crazy to finish his thesis in time for his August 11 graduation. Meanwhile at home Alex and I are working like crazy to get him potty-trained! I can't believe how intense it has been- I was not prepared. This is something they just don't talk about much when you discuss the challenges of having children with people. It's been an emotional roller coaster (boy, don't I sound dramatic!) for both of us, but the light is starting to shine at the end of the tunnel. We made great progress this afternoon, which I hope will continue through tomorrow. Alex has to be fully potty-trained before he can start the preschool I have him registered for, and his first day is in mid-August.
Which brings me to our next big project- packing! We are Arizona bound in less than 4 weeks and I'm in denial. That's all I'm going to say about that for now!
ps- I love that Alan posted to the blog while I was away! That picture of Alex is scary- what kind of parent let's their little boy ride on that big scary ride?! I will try to sort through more pics from the trip soon.

1 comments:

Hammy said...

We're glad you're back, and also in denial that you'll be leaving soon. It makes me too sad to think about.