Monday, June 18, 2007

Mud Run 2007

Before....
...and after!
Our team crossing the finish line.
Celebrating (at Pinkberry- YUM!) afterwards.
So who is in for next year?? We did the Mud Run this weekend and decided it will definitely be an annual tradition! So start your training NOW. We had the greatest time. In all seriousness, we are going to be putting together a huge group for next year, and everyone is welcome, so think about heading to So Cal next June and join us! We had 4 out of 6 kids and 3 out of 6 spouses. It was such a blast! We spent the rest of the weekend watching the kids and their cousins destroy my brother's beautiful house in Temecula. A great time was had by everyone. Thanks Todd and Jen!! We missed you Ben and Nate. Next year: no excuses! If I can do it, anyone can. Let me know if want in!!
On another note, my mom is back in the country and we are all gathering in Idaho tomorrow (even my dad) for my grandmother's funeral. So while it was a great weekend, it was somewhat bittersweet. It was great to be with my brother and sisters, I can't wait to all be together tomorrow in Twin Falls at my grandparents farm.

8 comments:

Cardalls said...

Congratulations, Christie! I'm so proud of you. It looks like you had fun - and you look great!

Anonymous said...

You ROCK Christie! I am so proud of you! Oh, isn't PINKBERRY to die for? There is one on Sawtelle now! We'd have been there every week after Friends!

The Snow Family said...

You are amazing!!! What an accomplishment! I'll come next year but maybe skip the mud part and go right to the pinkberry :) I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother- we are thinking of you.

Allison Claire said...

Looks like you made it! yeah! Looked like a good time. How are you guys holding up in the heat? Alexis misses Alex!

cathy said...

Congrats on completing the Mud run Christie! It looks like you guys ended up having a lot of fun!

Jen said...

You're amazing! Let me know about next year!!!

Mindy Varkevisser said...

You guys look like you took care of business! I'd love to join you next year. I need to start running again anyway. You all look so fit! I better start training! Are you going to post your training schedule? Congratulations!!

Mindy Varkevisser said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. Our thoughts will be with you and your family.