Thursday, January 17, 2008

Alex's Unity Program

Alex's Pre-K class had a "Unity Amidst Diversity" program tonight, where all 40 Pre-K kids sang and danced and performed for much longer than little brother Will could handle (I keep wondering when Will will learn what it means to whisper. Shouldn't he know by now?) The program also honored Martin Luther King Jr. They played a very short clip from the "I Have a Dream" speech and sang a song called "A Man Named King." I must admit I shed some tears watching those innocent little children belt out such a powerful story through song.
A Man Named King
Once there was a man named King, Alleluia;
They called him Martin Luther King, Alleluia
King was wise and he was good, Alleluia
He believed in brotherhood, Alleluia
He had a dream for you and me, Alleluia
He knew that all men must be free Alleluia
The freedom road is weary and long Alleluia
But Martin sang a freedom son, Alleluia
We must keep the dream alive, Alleluia
Freedom's song can never die, Alleluia
Once there was a man named King Alleluia
They called him Martin Luther King, Alleluia

2 comments:

Amy said...

I've been wondering about whispering too. The last two weeks in church have been a little embarrassing. Good to know that Will, who is a year older than James, doesn't get it, so I shouldn't get my hopes up. Anything to help manage my expectations is good.

Christie said...

I have a nine-year-old who still can't whisper. Not even in church.

Thanks for popping by my blog and for your kind words. I am just waiting on permission from two people and I will send them all out. There's like 30 pages so far - good, good stuff!