Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Playing Catch-up

I've been in withdrawal since we returned from our Christmas vacation. Seriously- it's been a really hard adjustment. Usually I'm happy to return to the routine, but not after this trip. It was just that fun. But- life goes on and since I'm headed out of town again tomorrow (Girl's Weekend in Seattle! Wo-hoo), it's time to get caught up.
A glimpse at our travels:

The Wedding
This is the only picture we have to document our time in Park City before heading to Costa Rica. We were so busy having fun we didn't remember to take any pictures. The boys spent a few days with the babysitters while I spent a few days with grown-ups. It was amazing. Alan made it to Utah in time to be my date at the wedding.
Christmas morning in Costa Rica- a happy reunion with cousin Elle-Belle
Alex adjusting to vacation mode!
There was lots of game-playing.
Will making friends with a monkey.
Ready to do the zip-line.So maybe I let my 2-year old do the zip-line by himself...he loved it, for the most part (yes, he's covering his eyes).
The only picture of our riverboat adventure. We had monkeys crawling onto our boat, saw tons of crocodiles, pink flamingos, iguanas.... it was amazing.

It wouldn't be a Clarke vacation without some of this.
When we weren't at the beach we were in the pool.
Surfing Lessons: Believe it or not, we all surfed. I never thought I would be able to say I went surfing! It was a blast (by the way, Brando, we owe you for watching our kids-Thank You).
After Costa Rica we went back to Guatemala City with my parents to spend a few days. The highlight: climbing the Mayan Ruins of Tikal.

And now we are home.

14 comments:

Sommer said...

Great pictures...looks like a blast! Can I be a Clarke next year?!

Kathy said...

Okay, so how do you know katherine? How crazy you were a bridesmaid for her. Looks like a great family vacation.

Hammy said...

I'm so glad you finally posted! What an amazing adventure.

First--so proud of you for being modest amid the glitz of hollywood.

Second--love the pics of Costa Rica

Third--you look like a natural surfer

Forth--Can't believe you climbed all those stairs!

Fifth--have fun on your girls' weekend.

Sixth--Plan a weekend in Dallas!

The Snow Family said...

Finally pictures! I cannot believe the activities you packed into your christmas vacation! What great memories. LOVE the USWeekly pic- you look amazing and so glam and of course Katie looks so happy! And Costa Rica/Guatemala looked incredible, I never realized how many fascinating things there were for kids there- the monkeys alone would make the trip worth it for my kids!! Have such a fun trip to Seattle for a girls weekend! A night of sleep without your children to wake you in the morning?? Priceless.....

Sarah Beau Bera said...

Looks like fun. Now when do I get to hang out with you?

cabrenchley said...

Wow! What an amazing string of trips and adventures all in a row. You truly look gorgeous in your first national magazine appearance... or maybe it wasn't your first. I want to learn the make-up tips of the stars. Sam is sitting here very jealous of the monkey encounters. I am pretty envious of it all. Can I be a Clarke next year too? I am glad that you are able to see your family so much. Looks like lots of fun. Way to go you surfers!

cabrenchley said...

Wow! What an amazing string of trips and adventures all in a row. You look gorgeous in your national magazine appearance. I want to learn the makeup tips of the stars! Sam is sitting here very jealous of the monkey encounters. I am pretty envious of all of it. The ruins look incredible and how fun for you and Alan to get to go surfing together. Now that is a fun date! I am glad that you get to spend so much time with your family. Can I be a Clarke next year too! I can't believe Will on the zipline. I bet he loved it. Looks like lots of fun.

Karolyn said...

You look so beautiful at the wedding, and your rip to Costa Rica looks amazing. It's so great to see all of these pictures of your kids--they are so big.

Dr. Joel Henriod said...

Awesome pictures. You look beautiful!

Dr. Joel Henriod said...

Awesome pictures. You look beautiful!

Jen said...

What fabulous pictures! I'm so glad it all worked out so perfectly!!

Juli Chan said...

Wow, what a great Christmas vacation!!! You look so beautiful in the wedding picture!

Troy and Amber said...

Could I possibly be more JEALOUS!!! Take me next time!

cathy said...

Looks like you had an amazing couple of weeks! I saw the picture of you in OK magazine -- you were the most gorgeous bridesmaid!