Monday, June 15, 2009

Woman's Conference

I had the chance to go to Woman's Conference this year at BYU for the first time. Alan said to me just last week "You still haven't told me what you learned at women's conference." And that's probably because at this point I can't remember. I really should track down the meticulous notes I took...I'm sure they are around here someowhere in one of the piles. It was a totally last minute trip, as in, planned the week before- and I was able to rope a few girlfriends into joining me. Cari came from Missouri, Stacey from Minnesota and Alexis from North Carolina. Seriously spontaneous friends: I love it!
I did have 2 memorable experiences- first, I ran into an old, dear friend, Tracie Hohl, from New Canaan. I haven't seen her in years. It was great to reconnect and catch up on each other's lives. We were in a class about embracing being a homemaker and finding joy in it day in and day out. At the end of the class Tracie turned to me with tears in her eyes and asked me to tell my mother that she was the best example of being a homemaker that she has ever had. Truely, my mom is a great woman!
Next, I was sitting in a class about organization minding my own business, when suddenly my father is being quoted by the lecturer! She pulled a nice quote out of his conference talk from a few years ago. It was very funny, especially since I was sitting with a group of girls that I had grown up with who know and love my dad. Thanks girlies for meeting me!!

1 comments:

The Snow Family said...

I'll meet you anytime! What a fun weekend. And what a feeling at Women's Conference! I left on such a high.... and probably five pounds heavier. Darn cupcake fairy and Magic Syrup!!!