Monday, October 02, 2006

We're Back!




































































The boys and I have had a great last two weeks! It started with a last minute visit from my mom (who lives in Guatemala). She was able to come home to help my sister Jeanette with the birth of her fifth child, Evie. Since my she and my dad were going to be coming home for conference anyway, she was given permission to stay home for the month. She came to visit for 2 days to see our new place and play with the boys. The day she was suppose to leave for Utah to meet up with my dad, she decided she wanted the boys and I to come with her. We had already arranged to come for conference, but she wanted us to be there with them longer, so we changed our plans and got on the plane with her that afternoon! It was crazy trying to get everything ready, but we pulled it off and had a great time in Utah and Idaho. We were able to be there for Evie's blessing, and spend time on my sisters 16 acres out in the middle of nowhere Idaho! After we left Idaho, Alex said to me in a very serious voice, "Mom, we need to get some cows and sheep." It was so beautiful and peaceful there- I can see why my sister loves it. We spent the rest of the trip at my parents place in Park City, and we had a great time hanging out with cousins, taking bubble baths in Grandmas tub, visiting BYU campus, jumping on the tramp, watching the leaves change in the mountains, and spending time with Grandma and Grandpa. It was so great to get a taste of fall and put the boys in their fleece outfits! All of my siblings gathered for conference weekend (Alan even came for a short 40 hour visit!) We were all able to be there to support my dad as he spoke in conference. It was-to put it simply- a great experience. We're so glad we were able to be there and spend that time with my family.

4 comments:

Cardalls said...

Your dad's talk was fantastic. He really did a great job. Give him kudos for us.

Hammy said...

Your dad did great. We enjoyed hearing him and thought about you guys. I'm glad you got to be there. (And I'm so envious that you got to wear jackets and be wrapped in blankets.)

cathy said...

I'm so glad you got to spend so much time with your mom and family!!

Emily Busath Murdock said...

Too bad we didn't know you'd be in Utah, too...we could have seen you guys! Oh well, we really enjoyed fall in Utah, too. Hope things are great!