Friday, February 09, 2007

Having so much fun!

Our trip to Guatemala has been great so far! Alex keeps commenting that we should "stay here a long time." I agree! My dad's life is busy and demanding, but my mom's is pretty chill and I know she is happy to have the company, and we are happy to provide it!! The boys did so well on the plane, especially since we had a layover in Dallas and had a chance to re-connect with some of our Texas friends! The boys had a great time stretching their legs and catching up with their buddies. I lost track of time and was in a hurry as we said goodbye, since the boys and I had to go back through security and catch a tram to the international terminal to catch our next flight. As we were rushing, I noticed Alex making heavy "sighing" noises and I asked him what was wrong. He said, "I just NEVER get to play with those Texas friends anymore." His little eyes were brimming with tears, and so were mine. We love our friends in Texas, and miss them so much.
My mom and I were shocked to find this "Bob-the-builder" cookie at the bakery down the street from her house (Will's was Elmo.) How do they know about Bob in Guatemala?? I still can't figure it out. We thought we were getting this great deal at 50 cents a cookie, but as we were walking home we realized we paid $6.00/cookie! Whoops. Oh-well, both boys were so pleased with their treat. I always struggle with the "math-on-demand" that you must do when spending money in a country that uses a different currency.
Getting ready to swim in the pool at Grandma's house!
At the Guatemala City Zoo. This was the most incredible zoo I have ever been too! It is so clean and well-maintained, and all of the animals are super close (which is probably dangerous but who cares? The boys loved it and we made it through without incident!)
The highlight from the visit to the zoo- the roller coaster! First of all, if we were in the US I'm sure no child under age six would be allowed on this ride. But here in Guatemala- no such rules exist! Will sat on my lap and after we rode it for the second time, screamed and cried and threw an absolute FIT that we had to leave.

6 comments:

Josh said...

How fun!! The weather looks beautiful there too! You can tell how happy your mom is to have you all there! :)

Cardalls said...

Don't you forget to call us like you promised!

Allison Claire said...

It looks like you guys are having a great time! I am so glad that the boys are doing good! I know that your Mom loves it! We will see you when you get back! :)

Emily Busath Murdock said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. Too bad I couldn't be there with you in Dallas....what a fun reunion!
:) Glad to hear you're home safe!

Amy said...

Love the pic of the Dallas friends. That group of pals can't be beat. So cool you guys went to Guatamala!

cathy said...

It was so great to see you in Dallas! I'm glad you had fun visiting your parents. Hopefully we can have another chance meeting sometime soon!