Monday, December 03, 2007

The Polar Express!


Last Christmas I read an article in the paper about fun things to do in Arizona at Christmas time. At the top of the list was riding The Polar Express, which the Grand Canyon Railway puts on every December. You have to get tickets, like a year in advance. I wrote myself a note to book my tickets in Jan. 2007. Well that didn't happen. And when November rolled around I started hearing about it again, and was so sad that I hadn't purchased tickets. So I started stalking Craigslist and Ebay, and last week I finally was able to get my hands on some tickets!! I have been obsessed with going, so it really was our own little Christmas Miracle that we were able to get tickets sold at face value (most of them are going for at least double the regular price.) So off we went to Williams, AZ, home of the Grand Canyon and not much else. It was a cute little town, and we had the best time riding the train. We sang carols, drank hot chocolate, and rode all they way to the North Pole. The Man Himself (that would be Santa) made an appearance and presented each child with their own Silver Bell. It was magical. And I will be booking my tickets for 2008 tomorrow. Anybody want to come?

8 comments:

Amy said...

Love those PJs.

Emily Busath Murdock said...

Oh, that sounds SO GREAT! I'd love to come to AZ next year for it! What a treat. And did you and Alan have the same matching jammies? That'd be a cute holiday photo ;)

Karolyn said...

What a great idea! If we ever live in Arizona then I want to come (with the kids of course).

Caroline Brenchley said...

I am so glad that you got to go this year. Did Alex go crazy over the train? I would love to do it again with our little girls.

debbie rowley said...

SO FUN! I can't even imagine how much fun the boys had! What CUTE pjs!

Juli Chan said...

Oh how fun; I've always wanted to do that with my kids!

Catherine M. said...

I do I do I do I do... Actually, Why don't you just move back to TX? Okay, I know the answer. But I miss you all.

Taylor said...

so cool! Kai is really, really into the Polar Express right now. Whenever we put it on for him, there are serious tears when it has to be turned off. EVEN if it's over, he just wants to see it again and again! Great pics.