Sunday, April 27, 2008

Alex's Art Gallery

This post is for my friend Jan. Here's your solution to the never-ending artwork your kids bring home: Create an Art Gallery in your garage. Your kids will love it. Every time you pull into the garage they feel special as their masterpieces greet them. We even talked about having an official exhibit opening and inviting the grandparents over for appetizers and drinks but that never happened. I was really great about putting everything up last year, I must admit I have become a slacker and now it all goes in the trash. But Jan, you have me inspired and I hung some recent artwork tonight. We are going to fill the wall!
Note: this was not my brilliant idea, my friend Allison got it from a magazine and I copied her.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I forgot that you do this. It is a great idea. The problem is I don't even think I have any wall space in my garage. :( It is stacked so high with everything. I told myself it is time to go through stuff so maybe I'll have to create a gallery for them! Glad to see you posting again. Keep it up

Amy said...

Brilliant idea.

The Snow Family said...

Such a great idea! Now I need you to come up with a way for me to 'store' my childrens art when I'm done displaying it. That is the thing I have yet to figure out... any ideas??? You are THE craftiest girl I know!

Youngquist Family said...

Thanks for sharing the idea. My boys color so much and I dread taping things up on the wall.

Julia Harps said...

I am so going ot do this nex year! I have stuff taped all over my house. The kids don't even ask. Someone came over the other day and commented on the HUGE pumpkin Dylan had taped in the living room. I hadn't even noticed. I am so used to it now. But this will solve my problem. THANK YOU! BTW-good to see you out here in cyber space. you are awesome.

Jen said...

I LOVE the art wall--you are such a brilliant mom!!

Olivia McCord said...

I am SO copying that idea too. Love it.

Kristine said...

Seriously genious! Thanks for the idea.