Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I think I'm in love with my new life.

We are back in a routine. The alarm goes off at 7, out the door by 7:50am, snack and homework after school, baths by 7 pm and bedtime at 7:30. On Tues, Wed, Thurs. I have 3 whole hours to myself while both boys are at school. It is blissful. Both boys have adjusted to school and I think I'm finally over crying at the bus stop each morning. Well, today was actually the first day that I haven't cried, but I take that as a good sign. My sister and I have been doing a 21-day cleanse that has kept us off of the following: sugar, wheat, animal products including all dairy and meat, and caffeine. Did I mention I haven't had ice cream in 21 days?? Well, today is our last day, so tomorrow I am FREE. I am quite proud of myself and grateful to my sis for making me stick with it. Last night I had a dream about Dunkin Donuts. That is not a joke.
A few recent comments from my 3 year old that I record for his sake and mine:
* While having an absolute meltdown after church, amid flying limbs and obnoxious screams, he belts out, "Mom, I am Freaking Out!"
*I cut my hair. And I colored it. It's really dark, darker than my natural color. I went straight from the salon to pick Will up from school. He didn't recognize me, and clung to his teacher. Once I convinced him that it was me, he said, "Mom, where is your wegular hair? That hair is so nasty." He has let me know how "Nasty" my hair is about 5 times today. Isn't Will great for my self-esteem? I'll keep him anyway.

9 comments:

Amy said...

I'd like to see a picture of your nasty hair.

Allison Claire said...

Isn't getting used to a new routine the best? I know what you mean. Will is so funny. I can't wait to see your new hair. I am sure it is really not nasty! :)

Hammy said...

please post a picture so we can let Will know if his assessment is correct or not.

Emily Busath Murdock said...

I agree...post pictures and let your friends decide :)
The question really is...does Alan like it? If so, then who cares what anyone else thinks!! :)

Jen said...

You crack me up...you're too cute to have any nastiness!!!

The Snow Family said...

Yay for routine! I am counting the days... I cannot believe your cleanse!! So you have to report... did you notice a difference? Is it worth no diet cokes or ice cream for 21 days???!! I'm sure your hair looks darling- you couldn't look bad if you tried... Will is such a character!

Juli Chan said...

Oh yeah, that is the life... I can't wait for mine in a few years (Micah is just taking forever with this growing up thing).

debbie rowley said...

WHAT! I didn't know you changed your hair! You have to post a picture!

Season said...

You are so funny Christie! I remember you doing those cleanses back in the UCLA days. You have so much will power. Post some pictures of this nasty hair.

-Season