Saturday, August 23, 2008

Lately

*A conversation I overheard while the boys were playing "dogs":
Will: And let's pretend mommy is our girl.
Alex: Yeah, mom is our girl. No, wait, mommy is our Woman. Cause she is a woman.
Will: Okay, she can be a woman.
*Will to mom: Where are we going? Mom to Will: We have to run to Walmart. Will to mom: You mean WILL-MART. It's called WILL-MART mommy. Let's go to Will-mart now.
*While driving home from the bus stop, Alex and I were chatting about his friends at school, and I was trying to get details out of him. He said, "Mom, my only best friend is Will. He is the kid I like to talk to the VERY most. He will always be the kid I want to talk to for the rest of my life." Oh how I hope that is true. Isn't that every mother's dream- that her children will be best friends? It's most definitely one of mine.
*Everyday after school I try to get the run down from Alex, and I always ask how Ms. Warren was that day. I've gained some insight into his pre-k experience last year, because he is constantly telling me how nice Ms. Warren is, and that, "She never never growls at us Mom. She is always nice and never growls." Apparently there was daily growling going on last year at school. I'm so happy his kindergarten teacher is so kind and sweet with him.
*We had a big bowling back to school FHE with cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. Will was particularly fond of the process... so much so that it was VERY difficult to wait his turn each round. We will have to take him back again soon.

3 comments:

Sommer said...

LOVE them... very bright, sensitive, hansome and witty boys!

Jen said...

Cute pictures, but I really wanted to see the short dark hair...give the camera to someone else!!

Mary said...

Christie I'm in love with your life too. You're such a great mom and your kids are beautiful and so full of life. We MISS you.