Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Guate!

We've set up shop in Guatemala City once again. Boys and I are staying in our pj's all morning, swimming, napping, and eating Haagen Dazs Dulce de Leche to our hearts content. There has been a trip or two to Will's favorite place on earth, Pollo Campero. Meanwhile....I just got a call from Alan who is off doing his boy thing...hitchhiking his way to the city of Antiqua, "laying with the lava" (at an active volcano), riding chicken buses all about, and generally having the time of his life with his new favorite traveling companion and old friend, Seth. They made it to Lake Atitlan today and are getting soaked through and through, this being the rainy season and all. He told me that he wished I was there... but really, we both know I'm much better off where I am. I mean chicken buses? Really? Seth is the right partner for him on this one, of that I am sure.

5 comments:

Mike'n'Amy said...

Guatemala? Really? You guys are way more adventurous than I am...at least until the kids are older!

Jen said...

Wow, what a life--sounds amazing!!

Cari said...

Hmmm...Seth didn't give me that much information when he called the other day. Chicken buses? I know from experience that those buses are not the safest form of transportation. He and Seth can travel like that on their own, but our couples vacations will have to be a little more safe and, what's the right word, classy? :) I'm glad you're having fun with your Mom.

Mary said...

I've been on a few of those buses myself. Oh the memories. Yea, your stay sounds more my type. Do they have Pops ice cream there?

Troy and Amber said...

So if Seth can't make it sometime Troy will be more than willing to take his place - just let us know.