Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Alex's Prayer

We really struggle with Alex and prayer time. For about the last year or so, he fights praying on a regular basis. He is a stubborn kid, and once he gets an idea in his mind, it often sticks. So we have been working on this issue a long time. Tonight, after some gentle prodding, I encouraged Alex to say a prayer and to really think about the things that he is grateful for. Here's what made the list:
"Heavenly Father, I'm thankful for this day. Help me to have a good sleep. I'm thankful for my family. I'm thankful for my home. I'm thankful for my stuffed animals. I'm thankful for my brother the most. Amen." A parents dream come true. Thankful for his brother most? I LOVE IT.

3 comments:

jeannie said...

Sweet couple of posts! Sounds like you have some great kids!

Troy and Amber said...

Love it! Is it just the age? This is how Samuel feels about prayer - except for when I asked him to pray in Primary and he wanted to kneel down and pray. Never saw that one coming.

Sommer said...

two fabulous boys... miss you!