Friday, November 24, 2006

That's right! Swimming the day after Thanksgiving



It's just that warm here! After an early morning of shopping, breakfast, and crossing a bunch of things off the ever-growing Christmas list, Alan's brother Ryan heated the pool and we all met at their house for a swim party. After swimming we ate pumpkin soup and corn chowder and had our pick of 6 different pies. My sister-in-law Sarah is a very good cook, and it's really fun living so near her and being fed so well by her every time we are with her! Someone commented that they liked having Thanksgiving as a two-day affair! It was impossible for me to feel festive about the holidays with all of the hot weather we've been having, but Ryan and Sarah turned the situation around by embracing the weather and having a party. I'm so glad they did. We had a great time.
ps- I almost had a heart attack watching my boys being tossed TOO HIGH in the air, but they were just laughing and having too good of a time for me to stop the fun. It is so fun to have Alan around for a few days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

While you guys were swimming, Rich was digging our car out of the snow in Snoqualmie, Washington. I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving.
Juli

debbie rowley said...

Unbelievable....swimming the day after Thanksgiving... it just isn't right?!?!?!?!