Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Signing my life away...

I've officially joined a gym. After months of thinking about it and putting it off while trying to decide what the right fit was for me, my brother Todd finally forced me into it by challenging me to run in the Camp Pendleton (as in Marine Base!) MudRun in June of '07. I know that sounds far away, but for a girl who hasn't physically moved around on a regular basis for the past, say 5 years, it's a big deal! So all six of my siblings and I and most of our spouses are going to run the race together and the training has begun. We've been sending each other reports on our training all week via email. I'm pretty motivated right now and have been hitting the gym consistently for the past 2 weeks... but since I signed a THREE-YEAR gym membership, I'm hoping I can stay motivated for more than a few months! I have no idea how I ended up getting roped into into such a long term, but the contract is signed and after having some major buyers remorse, I've come to terms with my commitment. No more excuses- it's time to get in shape. And hey- with the unlimited childcare I can alway go chill in the hot tub when I get sick of my kids!

3 comments:

Kristine said...

Good luck with that, Christie! The run is extremely admirable. I have to say, however, I am seriously doubting your "5 years of inactivity" claim. You seemed pretty active while at UCLA! You really do look great, though.
Kristine

Anonymous said...

How long is the run? And which gym did you go with?

Alan said...

It's only a 10K, but for me that is huge!! I went with World's Gym, there are 2 within 3 miles of my house, and another one opening a block away in February. I'm all about convieniece.