Sunday, March 18, 2007

Our First ER Visit

Oh, my. I was just trying to be a good mom, reaching for the puzzle bin that sits on the top shelf of Alex's closet. Alan was at a meeting, boys and I were having a quiet Sunday morning reading and playing together. Unfortunately, the boys guitar was on top of the bin I reached for, and it came crashing at just the right angle to slice open a big bruise Alex already had on his forehead. There was blood everywhere. He was so brave. I put him up on the counter in the bathroom while I tried frantically to get a hold of Alan, who finally arrive home to find Alex comforting me! He kept saying, "I'll help you feel better Mommy, don't worry! It's OK mommy!" The poor child was covered in blood, as was Rover, Alex's ever-present side-kick. We made our way to the ER (against Alan's will, I might add. He honestly wanted to go pick up some super glue from Walmart and just take care of it himself.) They suggested stitches, but Alan convinced them--to guess what? Just super-glue it back together. Less scaring, less painful, just as, if not more, effective. By the end of our ER visit, Alex had the story of what had happened to him down-pat. We will have to get it on video, it makes a great story. I'm so glad my little man is okay.

6 comments:

Amy said...

What an event! I'm glad it was something so easily fixable. I'm also glad to know I'm not the only mother who has dropped something on her child's head . . .

Cardalls said...

Poor Alex! Lily was standing next to me when his picture popped up and the first thing she commented on was his "bandaid" on his forehead! She was so concerned for him. We're glad he is okay.

Josh said...

What a brave little man Alex is!! He's so cute, I just can't stand it! I have to say that it will be a pretty scary day at our house if something like that were to happen. None of us do well with blood. I'm so glad you're all okay! :)

The Snow Family said...

What a brave boy! I'm so glad he's okay! Sometimes it's the mom's who need the counseling after events like that! Hope you are ALL recovering from the trauma!

cathy said...

So scary, I know it was a minor event- but I would have been freaking out too! Alex is such the little man to deal with it so well!

Chrissy said...

What a tough boy- and he even has his "toughboy" mark to prove it! Josh had his first a couple months ago- from jumping on the bed. I guess the song has some truth to it. Im glad he is okay.