Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Lunch date with Alan




Alan was working in Mesa today so we met him in "downtown historic Mesa," which sounds so hilarious but is actually becoming a very cute little area! There are some non-chain little lunch spots like the one we hit today- Sweet Cakes, which was so yummy! The Arizona Museum for Youth in the same neighborhood, so after saying goodbye to Daddy the boys and I hit the play area for a few hours. Now we are exhausted and headed for bed. The heat really wears you out! So does hanging out with Will for any extended amount of time. Which reminds me of a comment Alan made yesterday, that I must record her for posterities sake. I reminded him that the Father and Son's camp-out is coming up next month (about which I am so excited!! I will have an entire 24 hours all to myself. I'm honestly already making lists of ideas of what I want to do with my break!) He looked at me and said, "Isn't it a Father and Son camp-out?" The tone of his voice said it all. Taking both boys camping will be no small task, but I made sure to inform him that as his son, Will is entitled to a spot in the tent. It's part of his birthright to be able to go on the annual trek, and go he will. I will make sure of that!

4 comments:

Juli Chan said...

Good for you Christie! I would too do anything to make sure I got my 24 hours all to myself. Hope you enjoy it.
Juli

Kristine said...

I will echo Juli's sentiments... anything you need to do to make sure this happens would be worthwhile. (BTW, I'm glad you survived the first ER visit. I would've been freaking out, too :))

Erin said...

I agree completely--Will goes. Now if only my 16 month old could get a spot in the tent at the Father-Daughter campout w/ Dad and sisters.

Chrissy said...

I love those boys! Everytime I look at your blog, I just love your sweet boys- youre a lucky woman- (although I definately understand the pricelessness of a full day without them)! Say Hi to Alex from Josh- we missed him at "Thomas" this week!