Saturday, April 07, 2007

Spring trip to Utah/Idaho

**These pictures are all out of order, and I can't figure out how to fix it- oh well. **

At the top of Park City mountain.
Nate, mom, Brandon, Debbie, Christie, Alan

Gathered around my Grandparents kitchen table with cousins.
On the "Green Swing"- there isn't a more peaceful place on earth. I love that farm!
Will at the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point.
Alex swimming with Grandma in Kamas. Everyone had so much fun!
Everyone gathered at my Grandmother's birthday party. You will find Alex on the front row with, oh yes, his finger up his nose. That's my boy. At least he was willing to be photographed. That is not a small accomplishment.

On the way to Twin Falls- our regular stop at Maddox's Drive-in. Nothing can beat their Oreo shake. I think my dad was hungry for some American food after being in Guatemala for so long!
Most of my family gathered in Twin for lunch.
My sweet Grandmother- Elizabeth Jackson.
Having snacks with cousins at the party. The boys LOVE being around their cousins!
Shooting hoops with Uncle Nate- who always steps in to help me when Alan isn't around.
So the parents made their way home from Guatemala for General Conference and the family, of course, gathered during their visit! The boys and I went for 10 days and it wasn't long enough. There are few things I love more than escaping my daily life every few months, and an escape this was! When we go off the plane the family was already loaded up and ready to head to Twin Falls, Idaho for my grandmother Jackson's 90th birthday celebration. After spending the weekend in Twin, we went back to Utah and spent the next week in Park City. My organized mom had the week planned with fun outings and had even booked babysitters so the adults could spend some time without the kiddos! Alan flew up for the ski day and stayed the weekend to go to conference. It was a great trip and we came home exhausted and so sad that it's over.

4 comments:

Josh said...

These pictures are so fun to look at!! You're family is so cute and I really miss spending time with them. I LOVED the time I spent at your house in high school! What an amazing family!

I miss you!

Erin said...

I'm amazed at how you manage these husband-less trips without a second thought! Looks like a great time. I bet General Conference time means a lot more to your family than it did in pre-GA days! What a great excuse to get parents home and get together!

Amy said...

What an extensive tour--Kamas, Park City, Twin Fallas, Maddox (which should be its own city). Sounds like a ball. And what's with all the matching green?

Alan said...

The matching green was so my grandmother would be able to tell who the "Clarke's" were! She still had a hard time. Oh well.