Thursday, April 26, 2007

One more day to go...


Dear Sister,
I know by now you are missing Ellie desperately. For the first time this week, I think she missed you, too! This morning she was just a bit melancholy as she wandered around the house. She even looked at me and asked in a questioning voice, "Mama?" Don't worry, we distracted her with a day of fun. After dropping Alex of at school, the three of us headed to the mall for the SuperKids Club. We met Sommer and Kate there, and Ellie had a ball! There was singing and dancing and storytelling and a dog named Dewbie, who Will immediately fell in love with and harassed during the entire program. Ellie was a gem, and it's a good thing because I was so busy chasing Will I would not have been able to deal with anything else! I was literally sweating when it was over. We headed to Caroline's house where we had a little cousin's get-together; we ate lunch and played on the tramp with all of the littlest cousins. It was hot today, at least 95 degrees, so by the time we made it home everybody crashed. All of the kids were thrilled to be having pasta night, and when it was all over I think we used half of a container of parmesan cheese. They were all tucked in by 7pm, and I'm headed that direction as well. Your emails about room service, mornings by the pool, tennis matches and beach time sound heavenly- I'm so glad you've had such a great time. Soak it up while you can, sis! See you tomorrow!

Love, Christie

1 comments:

debbie rowley said...

Dear Sister,
I have to admit I am a little glad that she finally missed me. I was getting a little worried! We ARE missing her desperately but have enjoyed our amazing stay here! I can't believe it is already over! It looks like the crew had a fun filled day yesterday! Ellie is going to be so bored when we get home! Love you sis! We will see you soon!