Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Ahhhh, A break from the heat.



Two weekends ago we took the boys on our ward's annual campout. Alan even left work 3 HOURS EARLY for us to be able to make it to camp before it got dark. Because who wants to set up a tent in the dark? Not me. Not that I'm involved in the setting up of the tent-that's Alan territory. Anyway, there are few things our boys love more than camping. Will has asked me every single day since we got home when we are going camping again. My favorite part- the fact that the temperature dropped to 59 degrees!! It was heavenly. And so were the gorgeous green trees (see photos)! Not so heavenly: being woken up in the middle of the night by the sound of an animal (coyote?raccoon?bear?) climbing on your car not ten feet away from your tent in an attempt to get to the bucket of chicken that your eagle scout husband left on top of said car. It was not restful nights sleep, but fun nonetheless.

2 comments:

debbie rowley said...

Oh my goodness! The animal thing sounds a bit too scary for my taste. Glad you guys had a nice and "cool" camping trip.

Catherine M. said...

This is the best father/sons picture ever! Those camping creatures are creepy! I remember waking up in the High Uintas to a mouse in my sleeping bag with me. AHHHH!