Sunday, September 09, 2007

So worried. So sad. So calm. So hopeful.

Can you feel all of those emotions at once? Wednesday is surgery day for Alex. It will be the 3rd attempt at correcting the eye muscle issues he has had since he was about one-year old (diagnosis: strabismus). We've been through this before twice, in Dallas, with a different doctor. I'm positive we're doing the right thing by trying again. Our new surgeon comes highly recommended, I trust him and his abilities. I know we found him through divine intervention, truly we did. But the risks. The possibility of something going wrong and what that would mean for my baby. I feel this all-consuming dread about facing his recovery. Is there anything harder than watching your child suffer? Two of the longest, hardest, darkest days of my life were the last two times this sweet little boy had to go through this. I'm just so sad he has to go through it again. Despite the worries, I'm hopeful. We're all hopeful. So if you think of it, say a prayer for Alex Wednesday. He could use it.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Good luck--we'll say a prayer for Alex. (BTW, I had to look up strabismus.)

The Snow Family said...

Oh Christie! I had no idea he was having to go through surgery again. I will pray for ALL of you, especially sweet little Alex. Keep us updated.

debbie rowley said...

Sister... you are all in our prayers. We hope all goes well tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Will be thinking of you all tomorrow. Our prayers are with you.

Lofgrens said...

Good luck you guys. We'll keep the little guy in our prayers!

Cardalls said...

We hope all goes well and that this surgery will be successful. We're thinking of you and little Alex.

Emily Busath Murdock said...

Oh, sweet Alex, I hope the third time is the charm. I remember the last surgery in Dallas, and got emotional thinking of you going through it all over again. You're certainly on my mind and in my prayers today. We love you guys. Keep us posted on the progress.