Sunday, September 09, 2007

The Hair

I'm so torn about what to do with The Hair. My mom and my sister insist that I must chop it all off, immediately. Alan is on that bandwagon, he threatened that if I don't do something soon I will come home one day and it will all be shaved off. I always thought my boys would have short cuts, but Will's hair has taken on a life of it's own. This sounds weird, but it's become a part of his personality. I just can't imagine my baby without The Hair! Mostly I'm worried that when I cut it he will look like a big boy, and that would make me cry. I know something needs to be done. We honestly can't go out in public without someone commenting on The Hair. The question: should I just trim it so it's out of his eyes and off his neck? Or should I actually make the cut? Such a dilemma.

11 comments:

Cardalls said...

You can't cut it off! I think it is adorable. In fact, I've been trying to figure out what to do with Luke's hair, and I've been using your pictures of Will as a guide.

Cardalls said...

I agree with Cari, I think THE HAIR (remember THE CLAW from Liar Liar?) rules! Save THE HAIR!!!!

Seth

Amy said...

I'm having the same dilemma. Fortunately, my husband and family all claim to still like it, so they're on my side.

Juli Chan said...

DON'T touch that hair!!!

The Snow Family said...

I'm on TEAM HAIR. Definitely don't chop it! His hair is adorable with that little surfer wave and curl! Grants was that way for a while and I would take him to my hairdresser, ask her to 'slightly trim' the front and sides and texturize it so he wouldn't lose his 'baby' hair but could still see. It's a little more money than the barber shop- but worth every penny to not lose their cute baby hair just yet!!

Hammy said...

I vote keep it.

Erin said...

Yes, do keep the hair! He has plenty of years of a big kid cute ahead of him...why not keep him little while you can? It's really, really cute. But I'm not a good one to ask...I don't cut my girls' hair 'til they're like 4, and it's not for a lack of hair! I dread cutting off the curls and having them not come back.

debbie rowley said...

Sister... The Hair has to go! .... or it will be chopped when we see you guys next month. I can't imagine how that child suffers in the Arizona heat with all that extra hair on his head!

Taylor said...

yeah, i love it, don't cut it off. he looks great! we really miss kai's short hair and are letting it grow out again. will -- way to be 'liberal' with your long hair (haha)

TX Girl said...

Promise me you didn't cut that gorgeous hair. It looks so cute on him and seriously- it is sooo cool.

cathy said...

Don't cut it!! If you remember I had this exact dilema with Dresden a few months ago and I ended up cutting it off and totally regretted it! You are right that it does become a part of their personality and when I cut Dre's hair he became SO big to me and I just wanted my little baby boy back with the long curls! Needless to say it is long again and I only trim it up now.