Saturday, March 07, 2009

The Fifty Nifty


Will has an obsession with geography. He can name every state in the US and many, many countries in the world. He's always bringing me his globe and asking "What country is this mom?" Sometimes it's embarrassing because I DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER. At Alex's school there is this mural of the US painted on the ground outside of the cafeteria. We walk by it every Friday as Will and I walk Alex to his classroom (He has therapy Friday morning and goes late to school.) Will could spend all day counting the states, pointing specific states out to me, and giving me details about certain ones (ex: Mom, I was born here! while standing on Texas.) On Friday, he sat his little bottom down on Oklahoma and informed me that this is where he would be living when he was a grown-up. Oklahoma? Really? Dude, I think I would rather live in AZ and that is saying A LOT. Also, this child will not look at me with a normal face when I try to take a picture of him. Thus the crazy-faced photos.

2 comments:

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

I'm so impressed with the geography knowledge!
Oklahoma has provided some of our very favorite family getaways. It's really beautiful there. Don't listen to your mom, boys--I don't think she's ever even been to Oklahoma!