Saturday, March 07, 2009

For Maria

Chocolate Mousse Pie

Mix together:

1 ½ c. crushed graham crackers

¼ c. brown sugar

1/8 t. nutmeg

1/3 c. melted butter

1 (1 oz.) square unsweetened chocolate, melted

Press into 9-inch pie pan and bake 350 for about 7 minutes. Do not overbake.

Filling:

6 oz. package of chocolate chips, melted

8 oz. cream cheese, softened

¾ c. light brown sugar

1 t. vanilla

1/8 t. salt

2 eggs

1 c. whipping cream, whipped

Combine the above ingredients, except the whipping cream. Once everything is mixed, GENTLY FOLD IN whipped cream. Do not over-mix. Pour into chilled crust. Chill 8 hours or overnight.


When asked to name my favorite chocolate dessert, this is it, hands-down. THE BEST PIE EVER.

3 comments:

Mark and Maria said...

THANKS CHRISTIE!!!! Good thing it won't be hot or I think I might kiss this pie and burn my lips after I make it!!! (Poor Will....that is so sad, I hope his lips feel better soon!)

Jen said...

I'm still dying to try this one. Next time I'm in charge of bringing dessert somewhere, I'm making it.
Thanks for the reminder :)

cabrenchley said...

So tempting. I must try!