Saturday, April 04, 2009

Mom & Dad, Nate & Carla, Todd & Jen & family



The day after we were done watching the Brenchley's, half of my family arrived for a visit. My mom and dad came in from Guatemala (my dad's first visit since we moved to AZ), Nate and Carla from Canada, and Todd and family from So. Cal. We had a full-house!! My parents were traveling through en route to conference so we had a little mini-reunion here. I'm horrified that I didn't take more pictures. I think I was just so tired from the week before that I wasn't functioning at full-capacity. We had a great time. We went to spring training, spent a day at the water-park, ate lots of good food, hung out at the park, went on walks, went to our ward's youth service auction (where my fabulous mom purchase massive amounts of babysitting in my behalf- how great is she?!?!), had a picnic with the my Jackson cousins, a missionary reunion for their AZ missionaries, and took them to dinner at our local favorite, Pita Jungle. We also had to introduce them to Ocean Blue, AZ's answer to Pinkberry. My dad spoke in church and taught an amazing combined Priesthood/Relief Society lesson that was so inspiring, and has helped us to make some changes around here. The day after they left we recommited to a family scripture study program and it's been going well. We gave each of the boys their own Book of Mormon and have been reading from it each night. They are interested, attentive, and Alex can read every word so I feel like we have broken down a barrier and we are planning to keep it up. There has been nothing but entusiasm from them. We had a great time with my family and just wish it could be more often and for longer. We love them all so much.

0 comments: