Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Sorting through memories

Tonight I decided to tackle the project of organizing the shoeboxes full of letters, cards, pictures and notes that we have been collecting forever. I've never really come up with a great system of storing our memories, but since we recently moved I thought it was the perfect time to try and create some order in our lives. One of my favorite finds was this letter written to me my senior year of high school by my great friend Anthony Berrios. I had tears streaming down my cheeks from laughing so hard after I read it. He wrote it shortly after arriving at BYU, and I love his description of his experiences there. It brought memories rushing back of the fun that my girls from NC and I had with the "yorktown boys" during our sophomore and junior years of high school. Our lives were definitely better for having known them. I wish I knew where Ant is now.

2 comments:

Hammy said...

Isn't it funny that we used to write letters instead of emails?

The Snow Family said...

Oh my gosh!!!! I can't believe you still have that! In all my moves my files seem to get smaller and smaller. What a special memory... I can see Anthony saying those exact words right now! How did our worlds ever collide with those yorktown boys- it's the oddest pairing but that is what made it so fun! I went to Anthony's wedding reception in yorktown when Scott and I moved to CT. But I don't remember who he married... a girl who went to Cornell I think?? Thanks for the walk down memory lane!!