Saturday, May 26, 2007

The big boy turns 4!

Well, he actually doesn't turn 4 until Friday but the party was today, and man, was it wild!! I was thinking since it's a holiday weekend and I only sent the invitations out about a week ago that we would have a small turn-out. Not so! Even people who had rsvp'd NO showed up, along with siblings to add to the fun! It was crazy and I was so happy that we weren't having it at home. (I must say that until today I was a big believer in at-home parties, but after experiencing how little work it can be to throw a party somewhere else, I'm converted!) It was a blast and I really think Alex felt important and very loved, which is the whole point. So I'm calling it a success! We had it at Funastics, where they set-up about 6 different "bounce houses" around the room and had a balance beam and bars for the kids to hang from. It was a great place for a bunch of wild 4 year olds (and some older friends and cousins)!

Making silly faces for Alan.
Alex's favorite- pepperoni pizza.
This cake was a dream come true for Alex. Many of you know how I feel about his long-suffereing Thomas obsession. I decided to indulge him one last time with the cake of his dreams, courtesy of Costco (Thanks Jen, for the topper idea!)

8 comments:

Amy said...

Cool cake. I like the idea of outsourcing the birtday party. Smart move.

cathy said...

Can't believe Alex is 4! It seems like just yesterday I was at his 3rd birthday party! How sad, we miss you guys!
Cathy

Cardalls said...

I can't believe he is already 4! I remember holding him days after he came home from the hospital. Happy Birthday Alex!

debbie rowley said...

Oh my... he is the cutest little boy ever! I can't believe our little Alex is four years old! Looks like he had a great time at his party. Nice work sister!

Juli Chan said...

He's 4, really? He's such a cute kid. I can't believe how many people came to his party; Alex must be very popular.

Emily Busath Murdock said...

Yay for Alex! Happy Birthday! :)

Jen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEX!!!
I wish we could have been there!
Your cake looks amazing--I love it!

Josh said...

Happy Birthday to Alex! What a cute party! I'm so glad you didn't have it at your house, ... looking at all those kids makes me tired, ... although everything makes me tired these days!