Thursday, May 24, 2007

Last day at LadyBug

It was Alex's last day of preschool today. Next year he will be attending Pre-K five days a week at the local elementry school. My eyes started to well up with tears as we hugged and said our final goodbye to Mrs. Anderson. I feel so grateful to her for providing him with such a caring and loving enviroment for his first-school experience. I felt like I was leaving a piece of Alex behind in that classroom. A big chunk of his childhood- over forever. So tragic and exciting all at the same time!

1 comments:

Erin said...

A big step indeed. Pre-K there sounds as long/often as kindergarten is here, so that really is a big "growing up" thing he'll be doing. I can't hardly stand the thought of sending Allie off to kindergarten soon, but she is sure excited. Isn't it so hard to let them go? It's great that he had an awesome preschool experience. (Thanks for passing on preschool info to my sis! They're there this weekend doing Part 1 of 2 moves w/ my parents in tow to help.)