Saturday, October 20, 2007

Girls weekend /Boys weekend

While Christie is away this weekend in L.A. for a friend's bridal shower, the boys and I have had an action packed weekend!
Before Christie left she had me read blogs from Joel Henriod and Taylor Olsen as examples of what 'trophy' husbands do while wives are away....in addition I had a "honey-do-list" that included a narrative on the importance of tooth brushing. (Did I not just complete nearly seven years of dental education?) Another request Christie made was for me to resurrect her dying palm.

In response, I post the following activities of The Curtis Boys.

We started the day with a trip to the Phoenix Zoo!
Alex was in charge of the route. He made sure we saw every animal Diego the animal rescuer discusses in his shows. I graduated with a bachelors in Zoology from BYU but Alex taught me the finer points of Tapier habitat! Will takin' care of the back forty! Nothing runs like a Deere!

Goat hiding from "The Will Guy"... Somehow the goat knew what he was in for with Will.

Then we were off to cousin Kate's B-day party!

With Mommy gone, Will and I took care of the birthday party entertainment.

Alex and his favorite cousin Sam had a blast playing on the swings for hours!


After the party the boys and I settled in for some relaxing Nintendo Wii Sports Boxing


While Will still needs a little help with his jabs, he has an unstoppable two-handed tomahawk chop!

For dinner we feasted on fire-roasted dogs and smores in the back yard as we discussed Elijah calling down fire in front of the priests of Baal. (1 Kings 18)

Taylor or Joel.... if you're reading do I have any chance of saving this poor old Palm? HELP!!!!!

That reminds me, I need to go finish another quad of deep scaling and root planning on Will...Joel do you have any tips?

5 comments:

The Snow Family said...

Wow Alan! I think you get the superdad award for the weekend! What an itinerary! I also think your friends the Henriods were just here in Winston Salem this weekend. Their brother Spencer just started law school here... married to Sarah Pratt (Cameron's sister). We see them all the time! Small world. Looks like the Curtis family should come for a visit down south with all these southern connections! Good luck with the plant and the rest of your boys weekend!

Cardalls said...

I think you've earned some wife credit there, well done.

Dr. Joel Henriod said...

Alan, you are great! I definitely think you earned brownie points. Joel is very impressed...Good luck with your surgery. Lindsay

Dr. Joel Henriod said...

Oh, and yeah! We met the Snows. Very small world. We would LOVE to see ya'll in the south. Come visit any time!

Taylor said...

Uhh...Alan, I hope Christie sees the Grand Slam you just hit! Nice Work. [I gotta make sure Brooke doesn't see this post. :)] As for the palm, we had one in LA and eventually it broke out in 'hives' or 'boils' and died a horribly sad death. Hope that's not the fate of your dear wife's friend. :) What a great weekend, those boys are pretty lucky.