Thursday, October 25, 2007

Lately

A few recent moments with my kiddos:
*While in line at Costco, Will starts singing "Party like a Rockstar"(edited version, of course), Alex joins in at the top of his lungs, and the person checking us out can't resist and seriously starts dancing right there. And I mean really dancing.
*I was curling my hair for the first time in years. Will walks into the room and asks, "Mommy, are you a pwincess?"
*Last week I went shopping so I would actually have something presentable to wear while in LA. I was trying a particularly bold dress on, and Alex looks at me and says,while scrunching up his nose, "Mom, that's kinda... funky. Take it off now."
*While spending some time in the naughty corner for smacking his brother, Alex yells out to me, "Mom, this is so not cool!"
*Alex has recently discovered a new website he thinks is great. This morning he came into my room, woke me up and immediately asked if he could play on the computer. I told him, "Yes, but you need to cuddle with me first." "For how long?" he asks. I tell him just for a minute. He snuggles right into my arms, I close my eyes, I am so loving this sweet moment with my oldest boy, and then he starts counting... out loud. "One, two, three...." until his minute is up and he is free to go play. Oh the tragedy! My little boy is growing up.

4 comments:

debbie rowley said...

Too cute! I am glad you recorded all those cute phrases your little boys are saying. They are too cute. I love how Will guy called you a princess.... and that the boys made the Costco guy start dancing!

Anonymous said...

These are too funny. I love the one about the dress. Did you end up getting it or listening to the fashion sense of a little boy?

Unknown said...

Just stopping in to say "Hi". We miss you guys. It's good to see everyone is doing well. The boys are so grown up!

And, hey, I'm officially done with invisalign and EVERYTHING!

Alan said...

Jan, I listened to the boy! He is my best friend and frankly I had no one else to turn to for advice!