Sunday, March 30, 2008

Wicked

My parents arrived in California this week to spend some time with Todd and family before heading to Utah for Conference. Debbie suggested they see Wicked since it's playing at the Pantages. The girl knows every word and has been dying to see it. Her husband Brandon had to go to Germany for a last minute work trip, and so she decided to bring Ellie down to visit from Seattle, since it is snowing there and it's 90 degrees here. That way we could all go to Utah to meet up with my parents on Monday as planned. Except that Debbie and I sort of invited ourselves to California to crash Todd's party and see Wicked with them. We drove all day Saturday (and listened to the soundtrack the entire drive) and met up in LA in time for the show. Alan was on kid duty (our boys and Debbie's girl) and is the hero who made it all possible. We drove back this morning and are now furiously packing to meet up with my mom and dad in Park City tomorrow. Can't wait to see you Mom and Dad!

7 comments:

Mike'n'Amy said...

FUN!!! I LOVED wicked! Hope you have a fabulous trip. :)

Sommer said...

yea... did you feel wicked for the first time too?! i'm so glad you squeezed that amazing show in at the last minute.
can't wait to see you and the boys this week!

Josh said...

How fun!!! I've wanted to see Wicked so bad!! You know you could have left the kids at Auntie Lisa's house, Annie would have been so excited!!! Next time!

Have fun in Utah!

Erin said...

We just saw Wicked for the first time in March. I was so completely entertained and enthralled. Several times during the show I thought, "I'm having so much fun!" Hope you enjoyed it too! How great to see it with family from afar.

Jen said...

So fun!!
(You look great in your picture!!)

The Snow Family said...

So you've now been 'changed for good'! Isn't that the best show- I think it is my favorite broadway show ever. I'm sure it was worth every second of your long drive!! How fun to have a sisters roadtrip!! Have fun in UT.

Emily Busath Murdock said...

So I think I'm the last one in the world to have not seen Wicked. Oh well. :)
You look uber chic in that picture. Way to rock it gorgeous!