Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Eve/ Christmas Day

The boys decked out for church. Notice the lack of ornaments on our tree- courtesy of Will. The child literally took a bite of Joseph's robe on my nativity set from Bolivia. After church we came home, did some last minute wrapping and cooking, and headed over the Nana and Papa's where everyone was gathering for Christmas Eve.

Our little shepherd- who livened up the cousin nativity by yelling "Baaa, Baaa" over and over and running in cirlces while papa read the Christmas story.
Alex opened a gift from Aunt Sommer and Uncle Steve that was right up his ally- a Thomas puzzle/book.The Christmas Jammies!
The next morning was painful for Alan! Alex didn't wake up until 9:30 am, while Alan, Will and I were up at about 8am. I put breakfast in the oven and did some cleaning while Alan and Will were quarantined in our bedroom so Alex could sleep. They kept sneaking out and trying to wake him up, but he wouldn't move. Finally he emerged and the chaos began. Opening gifts was a long process since Alex wanted to stop and play with each toy after he opened it.
We somehow wrestled the boys away from the tree halfway through opening gifts to eat some breakfast- "dutch babies"- our Christmas morning tradition.
Last but not least, the camera that Alex has been asking Santa for every time he sits on his lap. Alan gave me the greatest Christmas present- a four hour nap. We went over to Alan's brothers house for more tamales and present exchanging. It was a great day- Alan and I kept commenting how great it was to be in our own bed on Christmas Eve for the first time since we've been married!


6 comments:

Emily Busath Murdock said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas! Thanks for sharing those photos--your presents look awesome all wrapped in matching paper! Did you re-wrap presents that came to you that didn't "match"? How very Martha of you! I miss you, Christie!

Jen said...

Looks like a ton of fun!
Congrats on the nap!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun Christmas! Your boys look so cute in their pj's. I have to say that I'm surprised at how many CUTE baby boy clothes I have bought, when all along I used to think that boy clothes were so boring. Not the case! And yes, Rich and I were also talking about how nice and relaxing it was to be home Christmas morning.

debbie rowley said...

Oh my.. those Christmas jammies were definetly worth the four trips to the mall. They are SO very cute!

Alan said...

Emily, you are crazy! Do you honestly think I would re-wrap presents?? You crack me up. Those are the papers I used for the boys gifts from "Santa."

Kristine said...

Looks like you had a great time. Your boys look so cute in their PJ's- the Children's Place is the only way to go! I still dream of the day that I can sleep in my own bed on Christmas Eve. You've given me something to look forward to!