Thursday, December 28, 2006

Highlight of the day

The boys and I were out shopping for discounted Christmas decorations today. We were on a four-lane street, as many of them seem to be that wide here in Arizona. We stopped at a stoplight, and as usual, we were rocking out to the music playing in our car. It may have been Beyonce (To the left, to the left) or possibly 50 cent, I can't remember exactly what was playing. I taught Alex how to "raise the roof" this morning, and he and were keeping the roof raised. Will's was going nuts in his chair as well. Out of corner of my eye I noticed we were being watched- I mean being stared at- by this darling couple who were probably in their mid-70's or so. The man looked like Gordon B. Hinckley- I had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't him. Suddenly I was a little self-conscious- I put my arms down, but there was no stopping the boys, there were having such a blast. As the light turned green I stole a glance at the couple- the man had a big smile on his face and his sweet wife had her arms in the air- she was raising the roof with us!

5 comments:

Emily Busath Murdock said...

That is a hysterical story. You have to record it in your journal! :) (and by journal, I don't think I mean your blog)
Don't you just love that Beyonce song-every woman wants to tell her other half "You must not know 'bout me" haha

Alan said...

Emily- my blog is my journal! That's why you end up reading about all of these random things in my life- it's the only place I record them. I'm trying right now to figure out which company to have print it out for me!!

Amy said...

Good for you! Introduce your kids to booty music and dance parties early.

Emily Busath Murdock said...

Such a good idea. Who has time to record things twice anyways? Plus you'll have the pictures to include with it. Let me know if you find a printer you like. That is a great idea!

debbie rowley said...

That is hilarious!