Thursday, December 21, 2006

The hunt for Christmas jammies

I've been to 4 malls in the past 24 hours--all in hopes of finding the perfect Christmas jammies for my kids. I'm sure you are thinking that I'm running a little late if I'm trying to track down jammies the week before Christmas, but I'm not as unprepared as I appear. A couple of weeks ago I searched for Christmas jammies at all of the usual places- Gymboree, babygap, Janie and Jack, even Target and Walmart- all with no luck. None of the stores had what I was envisioning. But then-- I came across the perfect pair at Children's Place! They were so cute! They had the perfect sizes! I bought them- and I was thrilled. I tucked them away in the closet with all things Christmas. Then on Sunday, I pulled them out to show Alan. He took one look and said "Those are way too small." Ok- I thought- I will head to the mall tomorrow. Well, I didn't. There were other things to take care of like going to the gym, making granola and pumpkin bread and all sorts of other things that should have waited. Finally headed to the mall yesterday- and too make an already too long story shorter, a tank of gas and 4 malls later I have the Christmas jammies in the right sizes and I can hardly wait to see my little men on Christmas eve, decked out in red and green. Stay tuned for the pictures.

ps-*GYM UPDATE* for those of you needing a little chuckle- imagine me, 8am yesterday morning, step aerobics class, already red-faced since I'm still so out of shape, trying to do some u-turn-over-the-step-twisty-move and falling flat on my butt, legs in the air- similar to the fall on my wedding day in a room full of 200 of my closest friends and family.

1 comments:

Jen said...

You crack me up!
How have you not told me that wedding story?!