Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas is upon us...

The Christmas rush has caught up with us! We've been so busy that we can hardly see straight, and I don't think I've snapped a picture in over a week, but today was a great recovery day and I feel like we're getting back on track. The Christmas cards have finally been sent (check!), both office parties and ward party attended (check!), gifts for classmates and playgroup buddies created and handed out (check!), gingerbread-house making party attended (check!), tamales are ordered (check!), holiday baking has begun (check! eggnog cake... yum)! Christmas packages sent off to Guatemala, Utah and Idaho (check!). There is a bit more shopping to do, some baking, some wrapping, and of course, the decorating of the ridiculous looking tree that sits with only lights on in it our living room, but the major stuff is coming together! They say a cold front should be moving in tomorrow (hooray!!) so I'm finally getting into the spirit! We've had some marvelous holiday cheer tossed our way as well and that is helping to make it seem like Christmas as well!! My friend Cari sent us a book called "Why Christmas Trees aren't perfect" after seeing my post about our tree...I highly recommend you add it to your Christmas story collection! Thanks Cari! You made my day!! A Christmas CD from my friend Alexis arrived in the mail today and the boys are in heaven! Alex has been complaining because he thinks all of my Christmas music is "grown-up music." He's thrilled with the songs you sent Alexis- thank you!! I hope everyone's preperations are coming together!! Only one more week!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad the CD arrived! My kids have dance parties every night to 'Wiggles Jingle Bells' and the 'Hot Chocolate' Song from Polar Express! My favorite though, is when Nate announced that the 'Oh Something Night' song was on and the dancing stopped. (Oh Holy Night). Hey- a Mom has to have one or two songs to bring peace at the holidays too! Post the egg nog cake recipe- sounds fantastic!