Thursday, January 25, 2007

Blow to the self-esteem (sigh)

My self-esteem took a bit of a blow the other day when Alan told me that my haircut makes me look like Sentator Hilary Rodam Clinton. He's been calling me Hill for short, I'm not kidding. So let's just say that today-- I got kicked while I was already down. I went to the mailbox expecting the usual junk mail and bills, but surprise- a package, how exciting! Open the package, find a book- sent from my sweet mother who is living all the way down in Guatemala, but who is obviously still thinking of me here in Arizona. Thinking of me here in Arizona- but what is she thinking of me? "Mood swings? Mental fuzziness?" Are these problems I'm having? I guess the title of the book says it all- though I think they mean it in a very different way than I am taking it. They mean controlling your sugar intake should be your solution to your health/mental health problems, but I've decided it is sugar itself that I choose for my solution. Which is why I just polished off an old box of See's Candy from Christmas. Yum. I feel better already.

4 comments:

Emily Busath Murdock said...

I also believe that sugar is the answer to every problem. I happen to think that ice cream solves every woe....well, except for weight woes. I just know that ice cream in the celestial kingdom is going to be calorie-free, and that alone is worth being righteous for! :) Miss you, Christie.

cathy said...

Christie you are so funny! Not to worry, I wouldn't think you have any of those "sugar" problems! I want to see the new haircut! You need to post a picture of the new "do"!

Erin said...

The question is, does Alan have a crush on Hillary Clinton? If so, the haircut is a hit! ;)I'm sure it looks cute.
As for sugar, I know if my kids are having a meltdown, I find myself in the pantry digging for some chocolate to escape. If my husband's home late from work, I have a date with a yummy bowl of ice cream instead. I say, sugar is better than insanity, and sometimes that really IS the choice!

Amy said...

Once when my mom was sick, our neighbor gave us a book called, "You're Not Sick--You're Just Thirsty." It was all about how drinking more water was the answer to all health problems. Now when anyone in our family mentions being sick, the standard answer is "Just drink some water." Runny nose? Drink some water. Chicken pox? Have some water. Broken leg? Water will fix it.